It was a great workshop on honing improv skills. I was bit under the weather, my excuse for not being all there, but the instructor was all-there and point-on with his observations and suggestions. I’m talking about the Slow Improv Workshop taught by Jimmy Carrane at Denver’s Voodoo Comedy Playhouse last Saturday morning 8/17. If you feel compelled to do improv, to be an improv player, to improvise on stage with people in the audience who want to see what you can manufacture out of thin air; then take a workshop with Jimmy Carrane. And get his book, read it through, and periodically pick it up and reread sections at random:
Improvising Better: A Guide for the Working Improviser.
Questions?
www.jimmycarrane.com
Visit SoHa Happenings in Colorado™ Journal Partners! Say "I saw you on SoHa Happenings." Call us for more information about becoming a partner. 720.383.SoHa (7642) | Support the artists, art, and culture of and about SoHa Colorado!

|
|
 |
We Put the OY! in Improv(sm)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|