Julie Harris, an Influence
Who has influenced you in a positive way that's stuck with you for a long, long time? Julie Harris, an actor, passed away this weekend at the age of 87. To me she wasn't just an actor, she was a huge influence. Back in the '60s, Ms. Harris made regular appearances funded by the Performing Arts Foundation (PAF) at the junior high school that I attended on Long Island, NY. I noticed her poise and wanted to be poised. I noticed her smile and wanted to have a smile like that. She spoke clearly and succinctly, and projected her voice and characters through the auditorium and into the lobby. And into my mind and sense of being. I wanted to do that too, I wanted to do that for others. Whether I did or not doesn't matter. She gave me the sense that I could - be poised and well spoken. And I still remember that, and carried it with me for 45 years.
The Message: Let's get and keep the arts and artists in our schools. Not the watered PC versions, the real thing, as written. The generations after need to know what they're missing.
The Message: Let's get and keep the arts and artists in our schools. Not the watered PC versions, the real thing, as written. The generations after need to know what they're missing.
Visit SoHa Happenings in Colorado™ Journal Partners! Say "I saw you on SoHa Happenings." Call us for more information about becoming a partner. 720.383.SoHa (7642) | Support the artists, art, and culture of and about SoHa Colorado!
![]() |
| ||||
SoHa Happenings in Colorado™
produced by
|



