Learning Lines Less Loathsome

"I tell people I do improv because I can't remember lines," joked Pam Roth O'Mara. "I do improv acting because I love improv, but memorization has been a problem since I was a teenager. I looked all over for help, but finally stopped auditioning for traditional, scripted acting roles." Pam was still determined to find help with memorization.
Photo © 2014 by Andreea Matei
Recently she came across Garrett Ayer's How to Remember blog that mentioned a workshop at the Denver Center Theater Academy, and enrolled. "It helped!" she says, and has been applying the knowledge in her role as a park interpreter at South Platte Park in Littleton, CO.  "As a park interpreter there's a lot of information to learn quickly about everything to do with and around the South Platte Park, and about the programs we offer to the public and schools. I now approach learning the materials with more confidence, which makes the delivery even more fun." The workshop taught by Garrett Ayer's is profiled in the April 2014 issue of American Theatre Magazine. And there's Pam in the accompanying photo.

Questions? How to Remember

SoHa Happenings in Colorado 
produced by...                       reported by...
      Pam Roth O'Mara |pam@sohappens.com

Popular posts from this blog

Littleton Museum "Own an Original" Exhibit Showing Until 12/28/2019

Museum of Outdoor Arts | Final Days of Natura Obscura